Our School Council consists of the Principal, as Executive Officer, four staff and ten parents. The school council is a legal entity, and its members are unpaid volunteers elected by the school community. Council members are elected for a two year period.
One of the key operations of the school council is to determine the policies which relate to the direction of the school. Policies are developed in areas such as Education, Facility Management, Health and Nutrition, Out of Hours School Care, Uniform, Camps and Excursions, but not school operation, as this is the responsibility of the school principal.
2017 SCHOOL COUNCIL
PRESIDENT: Mr Paul Wynne VICE PRESIDENT: Mr Lee Dowler
TREASURER: Mr Paul Brennan SECRETARY: Mr Mark Hulbert
Ms Beray Dervish-Bray Ms Penny Tudor
Ms Felicity Rodda Ms Helina Guo
Mr Russell Smith Ms Penny Clarke
Ringwood North Primary School Council is required:
- To work with the Principal and staff in shaping the educational policy of the school.
- To ensure that buildings and grounds are kept in a good state of repair.
- Suggest improvements/extensions to buildings and grounds.
- Stimulate interest in the school.
- Conduct an Annual General Meeting each year.
- Be the employer of any employee at the school other than teachers.
- Draw up a budget each year.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:30pm. Parents are most welcome to attend any meeting. The Annual General Meeting and council elections are held in March each year.
The next meeting of the Ringwood North Primary School Council will be held in the Staff Room at the school on Tuesday March 14th 2017.
Meetings commence at 7:30pm.
School community members are always welcome to view council proceedings.
Finance: 7pm prior to the full council meeting
Facilities: 6pm on the first Wednesday of the month
Education: 7pm on the first Wednesday of the month
Health and Nutrition: 8.30 am on the first Thursday of the month